Christian Aid Ireland aims to end poverty and injustice worldwide by focusing on seven key areas – see below. This involves working in partnership with local organisations, as well as with governments and the private sector.
Our work includes helping people to:
- claim their rights and access services such as healthcare and education
- overcome violence and build peace in their communities and rebuild their lives after conflict
- ensure they are not discriminated against for any reason
- stand up for equality for women, prevent gender-based violence and provide support for survivors
- become more resilient to disasters such as drought, climate change and hurricanes
- advocate in Ireland and overseas against corporate tax dodging and demand that companies pay their fair share