Still wondering how you can support Christian Aid Week? Well, fear not, we are here to help you decide! Here are a few ways you can support and help us to lift even more people out of poverty this Christian Aid Week.
1. Attend a coffee morning, or better yet, host a coffee morning. Where would we be without our daily dose of caffeine? Visit our coffee morning page here to find out how you can become the barista extraordinaire you always knew you were. We have a coffee morning pack that we can send you, to get you started. Easy!
2. Join up for the Vhi Women’s Mini Marathon on Sunday, June 3rd 2018. But don’t just take our word for it, this is what Brenda, one of the volunteers who ran it last year, had to say:
“My Rector prompted me to walk the marathon in aid of Christian Aid Ireland. I was with two friends so there was lots of chitchat. We enjoyed seeing parts of the city that one doesn't see when driving. I thought it was great to see so many women out enjoying themselves and raising money for so many great causes and it was great to see the finish line!”
Be more Brenda. Sign up today here:
3. Church Collection. The Protestant Churches of Ireland founded Christian Aid Week to strive towards an end to poverty and injustice for all. For more than 60 years, thousands of churches in Britain and Ireland have come together for this special week in May. By holding a church collection this Christian Aid Week, you can support our sisters and brothers around the world, reflecting God’s unconditional love and his great mercy. Download our worship and publicity resources to use in your church today, here.
4. Take a hike! Join us for the Slieve Bloom hike in Co. Laois on Saturday, June 30th. The hike is led by local flora and fauna expert and Coillte Trails Manager, Richard Jack. This family friendly walk will bring you through part of Ireland’s most scenic landscapes. Get involved here.
5. The most important meal of the day. Host or attend a Big Brekkie. We’ve made this super easy for you. Watch Manus McConn from Cafe Conor in Belfast, for his top ten tips for the perfect Big Brekkie, not just for Christian Aid Week but all year round! Take it away Manus!