Pupils will learn about the Samburu traditions and way of life. They will see where Stella lives and find out how she provides food for her family.
Pupils will find out how Christian Aid has helped people in Stella’s village to become more resilient to seasonal changes in their local environment.
There are suggestions for science, art and geography activities as well as fundraising ideas to help support the work of Christian Aid.
'Meet the Samburu' contributes towards the teaching of the following curricula subjects / areas of learning:
Republic of Ireland subjects:
- Visual Arts
- Social, Personal and Health Education
Northern Ireland areas of learning:
- The World Around Us (including Geography, Science & Technology and ICT)
- The Arts
- Personal Development & Mutual Understanding
If you would like to order free copies for your school then please contact:
Republic of Ireland:
Michael Briggs – tel (01) 496 7040 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
David Thomas – tel (028) 9064 8133 or email email@example.com.
- If you have any problems accessing any of these resources.
- If you would prefer to have a copy of the resource sent out to you.
- If you would like to have someone from Christian Aid visit your school to lead an assembly, speak to your class, or at an after-school activity on development education.